Established in 1999, Interserver is a web hosting provider that has greatly expanded its range of offerings since the time it had started. It claims to maintain high standards in terms of quality and service for all its product offerings, which include shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated servers, and colocation services. The company boasts of a large clientele ranging from individual freelancers to Fortune 500 companies.
Interserver’s customers enjoy an extensive range of features which make the webhost one of the best in the market. Its list of features includes the following:
- Unlimited resources – Interserver offers unlimited storage, transfer, MySQL databases, websites, FTP accounts and emails.
- Email – Email accounts come with outlook, webmail and mobile access. Interserver guarantees 100% uptime for email accounts. It includes email archiving and file storage and offers unlimited aliases, group lists and forwarding. You will also have spam and virus protection.
- Development and programming –Interserver supports MySQL DB, PHP 7, Fast CGI, Ruby on Rails, Python, PERL 5.10, SSH Access and Cron Jobs.
- Site management – It offers FTP access, SSH/SFTP/SCP, and web-based file manager.
- User-friendly control panel – Interserver’s cPanel is an advantage for all its users. It is beginner-friendly and allows you to easily manage your domains, databases and emails. The uncluttered interface will help you navigate smoothly.
With 461 scripts available for one-click installs, you will find that Intersever’s cPanel will make it relatively easy for you to get started with the web host.
- Free migration service – Available with most webhost providers, migration service, is an important feature, but it may not always be free. With Interserver, you get free migrations service that allows you to move without hiccups from another webhost to Interserver.
- Price lock guarantee – Since price fluctuations can increase your cost of maintaining a website, Interserver offers a price lock guarantee which ensures that you will pay the same price for the entire time that you are with Interserver.
- Website builder – You can utilize its website builder, SitPad to build and publish a website.
Standard Web hosting at Interserver costs $5 a month. You can get a discount if you pay one year in advance or 3 years in advance. The pricing for one year is $54 and for 3 years is $144. You get a discount if the full sum is paid up-front.
When compared with the features it offers, this pricing is an industry-standard and most other web hosts would charge you about the same sum of money.
Just like most other webhosts, you will have a 30-day money-back guarantee allowing you to test the services in the first month before you decide to proceed with it. Some web hosts may offer a longer period of time for the money-back guarantee.
Payments are accepted from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
Interserver guarantees 100% power uptime and 99.9% network uptime. It has three data centers located in Secaucus, New Jersey and one in Los Angeles. Each of these data centers has onsite technicians to ensure that the centers work round the clock without any problems. Additionally, the centers are climate controlled and all components are fully redundant to make sure that they are able to achieve the high standards of 100% uptime on power. Security is also maintained on the ground as well as on the network.
With routing and switching equipment sourced from industry leaders like Cisco, Extreme Networks and Riverstone, Interserver is able to ensure maximum throughput. It uses BGPv4 routing protocol to make sure that users enjoy the fastest routing. This reduces latency and improves user experience.
Since users rely heavily on customer service and technical support for their services, it is essential for a company to meet these expectations. Interserver offers round the clock customer support services over the phone and email.
Users also have community forums and tutorials which can help them understand how the web host works and to be able to solve problems that they may be facing with Interserver. The official company website also has lots of self-help articles for users.
The only downside to customer support at Interserver is that there is no live chat service available at this time.
There are lots of benefits to using Interserver. We found that it is compatible with most scripts and has a feature-rich cPanel that can be used comfortably by beginners as well. Help is also easily available in many ways, but the absence of chat support is usually an inconvenience for customers. Having expanded its data centers and improved its SLA, Interserver is surely worth its price.